This is a healthier version of our Cream of Tuna on Toast Recipe that can be served over toast, vegetables, rice or eaten as a soup.
Prep and Cook Time: Aprox. 15 min.
1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup (only 2g fat compared to 2.5g from 98% fat free varieties – only comes in one size)
2/3 cup powdered non-fat milk or 1 cup regular non-fat milk (measure with Campbell’s can)
2 7oz Cans White Albacore tuna in watter- drained
2 tbsp diced garlic
2 large onions (baseball sized)
1 cup chopped Crimini or Portobello mushrooms
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
1-3 TBSP course ground Black Pepper
1 cup Sweet Green Peas
butter or margarin (to taste)
- Saute onions and garlic in 4 ounces of watter, until onions are translucent
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, fat free milk, tuna and black pepper
- Add optional ingredients if desired
- once mixture is heated and starting to bubble , reduce heat to simmer then add yogurt and sour cream, mixing thoroughly.
- Simmer until ready to serve
- Eat as a soup
- Serve over wild or brown rice
- Mix with vegetables like broccoli
- Serve over Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread toasted